If you need to run the conversion tool on Paratext 7 data to prepare for migration, you will need to install the latest beta version of Paratext 7.6. You can install it with your existing Paratext 7 username and registration code. Paratext 7.6 installs in a different program folder so it does not replace Paratext 7.5. It reads and writes the same data as Paratext 7.5, and you can have Paratext 7.5, 7.6 and 8 all installed on the same computer.
Instructions to download and install Paratext 7.6 Beta Test Version
7.6 Test Version Beta 4 Installer
Click on the filenames below to download them and follow the directions below:
The following instructions omit obvious steps (for example, click Next).
- To run the Paratext Installer, double-click the downloaded exe file.
- After you agree to the license terms, click Install.
- This step might take a few minutes if the installer needs to install the .NET Framework on your computer.
- If a dialog appears to ask your permission for the Installer to make changes to your computer, click Yes.
- When the Destination Folder step appears, don’t click Change unless you have a reason to change the default folders for the Paratext program and Paratext projects on your computer.
- Click Install.
- Do not close the SpudUpdater windows that appear while the test version is being installed.
- Lastly, install the SPUD file by double clicking it. It will update 7.6 to the latest version.