Paratext 8.0 Installation
System requirement: Windows Vista or later. (Paratext 8 will not install on Windows XP.)
You will need a current user registration code from registry.paratext.org
Note that you do not need to uninstall Paratext 7 or earlier. Both may be installed, but please read the FAQ section if you will continue using both.
The following instructions omit obvious steps (for example, “click Next”).
- To install while connected to a good Internet connection, download and run the Online installer below. If additional system components are needed during installation, they will be downloaded via the Internet. To install on a different computer which is not connected to the Internet, please download the larger offline installer which includes all the system components which may be needed during installation.
- To run the Paratext installer, double-click the downloaded file.
- Agree to the license terms and click Install.
This step might take a few minutes if the installer needs to install additional system components.
If a dialog appears and asks for your permission or for administrator credentials, click Yes or provide the credentials as required.
- When the Destination Folder step appears, do not change the default unless you have a strong reason for doing so.
Paratext 8 data must not share the same directory as Paratext 7 data.
Paratext 8 data will share the same directory as Paratext 9 when it is released.
- When the installer has completed click Finish and then Close.
||Use this when installing while online. This file is the only one you need to download because it use the Internet to download more files if needed during installation.|
||Use this when installing offline. You will need this larger file and the patch below. You will also need to download Text resources for offline installation using the procedure explained here|
||Use this when installing offline. Run when the installation is complete to apply the latest update.|
||Optional. This file can be used to ensure the install file is not corrupted. You can use this MD5 and SHA Checksum Utility to validate your installer.|
- The first time you launch Paratext 8 you will need to enter your Paratext 8 registration code. Information on how to obtain this code is on the Registration page.
- After installation: Install your preferred text resources in Paratext 8 using File > Download/Install Resources.
- Migrate any existing projects from Paratext 7. For more information, search in Paratext Help for “migration”.