Getting started in Paratext 8
Follow these steps if you are completely new to Paratext, or if you are a Paratext 7 user who has not yet used any version of Paratext 8:
- Register as a user. (Paratext 7 users must re-register.)
- Download and install Paratext 8. Follow the instructions on the Downloads page.
- After installation: Install your preferred text resources in Paratext 8 using File > Download/Install Resources.
- Paratext 7 users only: Migrate existing projects to Paratext 8. See Migration FAQs.
To start using your existing project in Paratext 8, you’ll need to migrate the data as explained in the Project Migration video. You may also review the Upgrade/Migrate section of our FAQ. Project migration can only be done after the entire team does a Send/Receive in Paratext 7 after which the administrator performs the migration with the latest version of the data and distributes the new project to the team via Send/Receive.
1. Do NOT uninstall Paratext 7 just yet. First, copy your registration code from Paratext 7 under the Tools > Registration Information… menu item. (It is also possible to look up your code by logging into paratext.org.) You must provide this registration code when you register for Paratext 8 so that Paratext will know which projects you are part of. The Paratext Registry website will generate a new registration code and will link it to your existing identity to preserve your access to projects and notes.
2. To install Paratext 8, follow the instructions on the Downloads page. Enter your new registration code when prompted.
3. To migrate a project from Paratext 7, open it in Paratext 8 by choosing Open Project from the File menu. If it is a shared project, you can also initiate the migration using File > Send/Receive. Paratext will show you instructions for making sure the whole project team migrates together. When finished, you should either uninstall Paratext 7 or else set the PT7 project to read-only mode (under Project Properties and Settings, disable editing).
For further details, search Paratext’s help system for “migration” and read these topics: “Introduction to project migration”, “How do I migrate a project to Paratext 8?”
Documentation and Training
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Go to our FAQ Page for answers to frequently asked questions. If your question is not listed, you may submit a question at the bottom of that page.
Learn how to use Paratext from our Basic Paratext Training course. Each video in this series is listed in order on our Vimeo Paratext channel. The first videos explain what Paratext is, how to register and migrate any data, and then the basic translator skills.
If you want to search for a particular video, you can do so as follows:
On the right side of the video channel page, click the Videos link under Browse this Channel (Or click here). That will take you to this listing of all Paratext videos. At the top you will see a magnifying glass:Click it and a search box will appear. Use this to search within the channel. For instance, a search for “terms” brings up seven videos about Biblical terms.
Be sure to check out the videos before requesting support. But if you still need help, try the resources below.
The Paratext Help system inside of Paratext is quite comprehensive. When you have a question, it is helpful to search through the built-in Help for answers. In the process you may learn some new features you didn’t know about! Use the Help menu or the Help search box in Paratext to find help on a topic.
Scripture Markup (USFM)
Learn how to format Scripture in Paratext using Standard Format Markers.
Our support website is primarily for Paratext supporters and trainers. For basic Paratext support, you are encouraged to find someone in your sponsoring organization who may already be using our forum found here: https://support.paratext.org
To use the site, you will need to sign up for an account. If you would like to receive notifications for every post, you may follow these steps:
Click your user image in the top right of the supporters site, and then click on the gear icon to modify your account preferences. There is an option under Emails to enable Mailing list mode if that is what you prefer.
Answers to previous questions are easily searchable, so you may find that your question is answered before you even ask!
Report a problem
The Paratext Help menu has a Report a Problem… option built-in which is the best way to report the issue you are experiencing. Besides your explanation of the problem, the report will include critical information for the developers about your operating system and the version of Paratext you are using.
Make a suggestion
The Paratext Help menu has a Make a Suggestion… option which allows you to send suggested improvements for Paratext.
You may contact us directly, however, we may refer your question to support personnel in your organization. Our support email address is email@example.com